Monday, December 6, 2010

Lemon Lentil Soup


I had a couple of duds last week and didn't want to post them but this one is a winner!  I wasn't expecting it, since the list of ingredients didn't sound like it would be, and I was anticipating yet another bland soup.  But this one was (1) quick (no pureeing in a blender!) and (2) delicious. 

Because I like to make things in large quantities and freeze them, I doubled the recipe.  It made a good amount, but I'm not sure about "12 servings."  Maybe 12 1-cup servings?  I ate more than 1 cup last night. :)  When it came time to put the red lentils into the pot, I realized I didn't have 2 cups of red lentils.  I had a little more than 1 cup.  I filled the rest of the cup with brown lentils and when I ran out of those I added some split peas into the mix.  The only other change I made was to use dandelion greens instead of bok choy.  When (yes, I said "when" and not "if") I made this next time, I will add more greens -- it could use a lot more.

This soup is chunky, hearty, slightly sweet from the carrots and has a great flavor from the combination of ingredients.  The recipe can be found here (you have to be a member at Dr. Fuhrman's website to view).

No comments:

Post a Comment