Thursday, October 14, 2010

I want my girlfriend back.

Those words were uttered last week by the Boy as I dashed off to yet another early morning training session. I received a new schedule from my coach and now comes the loooooooooong stuff. This weekend I will do my first 5 hour training ride followed by a run, and then on Sunday, an hour swim followed by a 2 hour strength interval bike ride. Tomorrow morning is my first "long-ish" 2 hour run. This is after we ran hard today at the group track workout.

But as my friend K told me today,

Suffer now, suffer LESS later.

So true. :) We are both doing IM AZ next month and she has been a real inspiration to me. She coaches beginner triathletes and this is her first Ironman as well. We've been running a lot together, which has been good for me. I'm the "slow" one in the group and usually never have anyone to run with. So I'm stuck most times by myself which is hardly any fun or motivating. She joined the group specifically for IM training back in July and is just about the same speed as I am in running.

During today's run, she said it was too bad she wasn't a faster swimmer or we could try to race with each other the entire time. How great would it be to have someone to run with during the most grueling part -- the marathon -- at the end? Who knows, I think she'll catch me on the bike so maybe there is a chance...

I thought I would have more free time now that my class ended but it looks like I will spending most of it exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment