Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crispy NO-OIL Potatoes


I was reading the McDougall board when I read some posts about crispy no-fat tater tots. They claimed the potatoes got very crispy in the over without any oil. I've been making roasted potatoes for a while, but it's usually necessary to use oil so I was intrigued. Plus the Husband LOVES crispy potatoes.

The actual recipe takes some time, because the potatoes are first peeled, then par-boiled, and then cooked at a high temperature for an hour. When dinner is supposed to be ready in 30 minutes, a quoted time of over an hour isn't going to cut it. I decided not to peel the potatoes and to cut the chunks of potatoes fairly small (about 2" cubes). I also used lots of seasoning in addition before they were baked.

Since the chunks of potatoes were smaller, the baking time for me was about 40 minutes instead of 60. They really WERE crispy and very tasty! I wouldn't say they resembled tater tots at all, but they were delicious crispy (healthy) potatoes.

Recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment