Thursday, April 5, 2012

Esselstyn's Blueberry Muffins


I tried a different muffin recipe last night since I was out of bananas to make the mighty muffins. This one is from Esselstyn's Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, which I still haven't started reading, but am avidly looking through the recipes. I didn't have applesauce but I made a quick substitute by cooking up a chopped apple in the microwave and then pureeing it in the food processor.

While I overcooked the mighty muffins, these were the opposite! They were moist, but maybe too moist. I cooked them for the time specified (25 minutes) but they were on the mushy side and stuck to the liners pretty good. Also, there is more sweetener in this recipe (1/3 cup maple syrup for 8 muffins versus 1/4 cup for 12 muffins in the mighty muffins) and these didn't taste as sweet to me. Not sure I would make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment