Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Revival


January 30, eh?  It's been more than 6 months since I updated last!  It's time to get this blog revived and started up again.  To say I've been "busy" would be putting it mildly.  In the last 6+ months, I bought a house and moved into it with my significant other.

And most recently, that significant other became my fiance.

Once the proposal happened, we quickly secured a venue.  We "lucked" out in some ways, because the venue is gorgeous and usually needs to be reserved 1-2 years in advance, but there was an opening and the opening meant the wedding is in January!  That left me about 6 months to plan, which meant I've been a major stress-o-holic for the past month.  I finally feel like I am almost caught up and can breathe a bit easier.

But enough about boring personal details, this is an ETL blog.  I've been doing what I can, but to be honest, I have only been about 60% ETL.  In some ways, moving in with someone has curbed my bingeing.  I can't pig out in front of someone or bring home bags of [insert artery-clogging foods] only to snack on them into the late night.  The downside is that I end up giving in a lot to social situations.  Now we eat out more together (typically SAD) and I am surrounded at home by SAD items he eats.  Of course it is ultimately my responsibility and my choice to eat these things so these aren't excuses.

I know that I really need to be doing ETL closer to 95%, not 60% and I want to get there.  Blogging seems to help me even if no one is listening (hah), so here we go again.




No comments:

Post a Comment