Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekly Goals: Nov 9 - Nov 15

I have to do everything in baby steps. It's the only way I won't get overwhelmed and the only way to stay focused. The main problem I need to address is the bingeing. Sure, I could blame emotions, stress, triggers, people, but in the end it's my choice to do it. Food has no power over me. Logically, I think I understand the problem now. I only do it at home -- alone -- and nowadays, it is always in front of the computer. It's my "wind down" time. I just veg out and internet surf. It's like mindless eating in front of a TV, except I do it in front of the computer. I cringe writing that.

It's just a BAD HABIT.

And any habit can be broken. I need to train my brain to do something else instead to wind down. I've thought of a few steps I can take in the right direction so here's what I'll focus on this week:


  • NO eating in front of the computer. That's it. It's a rule that I can't break.

  • Brush and floss my teeth right after dinner. I won't eat more because I'm too lazy to brush and floss again!

  • Read my ARC after dinner and anytime I'm tempted to binge.

  • Look at the list of things I could do instead of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment