Friday, November 13, 2009

November 12, November 13

Yesterday I had planned on getting up early and doing a bike workout but when the alarm hit, I was sooooo tired and couldn't force myself out of bed. This is the third night of not getting enough sleep (6-ish hours) so I think my body was just needing to rest. I'm okay with this -- kind of -- but the OCD side of me feels guilty that I didn't get my workout in. Yes, I am crazy!

I wasn't hungry in the morning when I woke up and I think it's because of the overeating the previous night. I must try to remember that it's okay to be a little hungry before going to bed. I wasn't hungry until lunch time and when I finally ate that salad, it tasted really good. Fuhrman is right in that food tastes better when you're hungry. :)

I was supposed to go out with the BF to a local beer event. To prevent myself from being tempted at eating at the restaurant, I ended up drinking my morning smoothie around 5 pm. The traffic was bad and by the time we finally met up, it turns out we were both too tired to go downtown. We ended up at a pizza place and I didn't do too well - ended up having pizza!


B - nothing, wasn't hungry

L - large salad: romaine, cabbage, 1/2 medium avocado, baby carrots, 3/4 cup black beans, 1 small tomato, buttermilk-like dressing
- 1 mango
- 1 fuyu persimmon

S - green smoothie: 2 pears, strawberries, 1 T flax, 6.5 oz collards (really sweet and yummy)

D - 3 slices mushroom pizza, 1/2 bottle beer

E - pilates: 0:15


Today has been a better day. I got my morning AND evening workout in and so far, have been eating well. I'm feeling a little frustrated because I feel like I should have lost weight this week but I don't think I have. I know that my exercise isn't what it used to be since it's technically "off-season" and I'm not doing 4-hr bike rides or 2 hour daily sessions. I'm trying to stay positive and not let my mind go into the "throw in the towel" mentality. Because yeah - eating won't make me feel any better and it definitely won't help the situation!

I'm going to leave soon to spend time with the BF who will be cooking SAD food. He promises we'll take a trip to the grocery store soon though so I can show him what food I like to eat. Hah. So I don't overeat, I already ate some veggies. :) I will update this post tomorrow with whatever else he serves....


B - green smoothie: 1 pear, strawberries, 6.25 oz bok choy, 1 T flax seed

L - salad: romaine, cabbage, baby carrots, 1 small tomato, 1/2 large avocado, 3/4 cup black beans, buttermilk-like dressing
- 1 fuyu persimmon
- 1 fuji apple

D - small pot of broccoli, collards with tomato sauce
- 1 persimmon, 1 dried persimmon
- the rest is TBD

E - swim: 1:10, weights: 0:45

No comments:

Post a Comment