Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 5

Sorry that my titles are not very interesting but I am not an especially creative person! Today was "Bike to Work Day" and for the first time, I participated! It's a good 25 miles away and though I've often brought my bike to ride before work or at lunch, I've never actually commuted via bike. The morning ride was nice -- cool, lots of cyclists, minimal traffic. The ride home was something else... the wind had picked up, there was more traffic, and I was tired. On top of that, a road I had taken home was closed due to an event so I took a detour which added another 20 minutes.

I had plans for a dinner out with a friend at a Mexican restaurant. Definitely not 100% ETL but it could have been worse. I also didn't need the chocolate or powerbar mid-day but I was feeling really hungry.


7:00 am - (during bike ride) 1 GU

8:30 am - green smoothie: 1 T flax seed, 4 oz mango, 8 oz strawberries, 6 oz mixture of kale and parsley; 1 oz sunflower seeds

12:00 pm - salad: romaine, cucumber, 1 tomato, small avocado, roasted red and yellow bell peppers.
- Tuscan Greens and Beans soup, 2.5 servings?

4:00 pm - fun-size m&ms, powerbar

5:30 pm - (during bike ride): 1 GU

7:00 pm - (Mexican restaurant): 1 potato taco, 1 fish taco, 1 bean burrito, 5 tortilla chips, salsa

E - bike: 3 hours, broken

No comments:

Post a Comment