Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good Changes

I thought I'd start with a list of the things I HAVE done right so far. I believe that having a positive attitude leads to success! Cheesy, I know.

In the past 6 months:

  • I've given up diet coke. I used to be addicted and would drink at least one everyday. No more!

  • I've stopped eating dairy. This was tough. Though it wasn't hard to give up cheese, I like milk (I'm actually grateful I'm not lactose-intolerant!) and yogurt. I used to make my own nonfat yogurt all the time. I drink coffee black now because places seem to never have soy milk to put in the coffee. Yes, coffee is something I should eventually give up also but one thing at a time!

  • I've cut down meat consumption by 90%. It's not 100% and I'm not sure that it ever will be. I like seafood.

  • I've stopped eating before workouts. Every sports nutrition book will tell you to eat breakfast before working out. I always used to have 1/2 cup of oats before a workout, sometimes with raisins or nuts. I've stopped that. I'm not totally convinced that this was a good change (how can every sports dietitian and professional athlete be wrong?), but I haven't noticed any adverse effects to my performance during workouts (including long bike rides) so I will stick to this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment