Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 38 / 42


I had a coupon for a free oatmeal at Starbucks this morning and ended up using it for breakfast. I was worried that it wouldn't fill me up like the green smoothies usually do since there wasn't any vegetables in it (although I have heard of people mixing spinach with their oatmeal, but that is another post...). I'm not sure if it worked because I ended up eating a lot of kumquats and was fairly full. However, I also started feeling a little light-headed around 11 am which was odd. It felt reminiscent of symptoms I used to get when I felt hypoglycemic (I don't get these anymore since being on a nutritian diet).

Also, the other strange thing I've noticed since yesterday is that I haven't been as hungry as I usually am. Yesterday's workout should have definitely made me fairly hungry but I didn't have that ravenous feeling I usually have after a long workout. Unfortunately I still ate the same amount (or more) out of habit, boredom, or [fill in lame excuse] but at least I am more conscious of it now. I will try to make more of an effort to stop eating when I am satisfied.

This weird decrease in hunger happened to me another time when I attempted ETL. I got to a point where I didn't desire as much food. A lot of people on the Dr. Fuhrman forums who are longtime ETL-ers say this has happened to them too. The idea is that your body is flooded with nutrients and doesn't needs as much food... interesting! I hope that is what's happening with me... and I hope I have the sense to heed the signals to stop eating.

B - Starbucks oatmeal with nuts package + 14 kumquats

L - salad: romaine, 1/2 small avocado, 1/2 red bell pepper, 13 baby carrots, 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, casinera's caesar dressing

S - 4 dates before second workout

D - cabbage, peas and green onions + 1/2 frozen banana

E - bike: 1:10, bike: 1:10 (1 in the morning, 1 in the evening)

No comments:

Post a Comment