Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I've been up to

It's been crunch time at work and between that, night classes, and training for Oceanside, blogging took less of a priority. The good news is I had a pretty good race on Saturday! For once, I didn't have any real nutrition issues. I cut my bike time by 8 minutes and my run time by about 12 minutes (I walked a lot last year) and cut my overall time by almost 18 minutes!! I'm glad I shaved off time, but what matters the most is that I felt good and felt I was finally putting my training to use! Hurray!

And the big news is...

I signed up for my very first Ironman!

I am really excited but also nervous!

I've never run more than 13.1 miles in my life and now I'm going to run a marathon? AFTER having biked for 6+ hours? Hmmmm...

I feel really good lately and I'm sure nutrition is playing some part in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment