Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hard Running

My legs were tight and sore this morning and I was dreading this morning's workout. Of all the days out of the week, the Thursday morning track workout is the one I dread the most. What is it about running that is so painful? I should clarify. What is it about "fast" running that is so painful? I have to put "fast" in quotes since I'm not fast in reality. Fast are the sub-5 minute-milers running today (that's their "10K pace")!

One of the new girls asked me, "Does it ever get any easier?" I looked at her straight in the eye and said, "Nope," to which she replied, "I should have asked someone else..." Haha. I think it does get easier, but in a different way. We get faster (but so does everyone else, so it becomes hard to gauge progress) and better at tolerating pain, but it's still always painful.

Today's run workout was KILLER. As in, I killed my legs. Someone in the group wearing a Garmin said the total mileage was 8.5 miles, which is A LOT for a "track workout" ... especially when last week was much shorter at around 5-6 miles total.

Hoping the hard workout and eating healthfully today (on track - no excuses!) will combat the damage I did yesterday.

S - GU between workouts

B - green smoothie: 8 oz bok choy, 1 T flax seed, 1 oranges, 1 pear, handful of blueberries

L - salad: romaine, 1/2 small avocado, 1/2 red bell pepper, 13 baby carrots, 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, casinera's caesar dressing + 1 clementine

D - cabbage, peas, and green onions + frozen fruit with a little too much almond butter

E - run: 1:15, swim: 0:30

No comments:

Post a Comment