Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beck - Day 22: Say Oh Well to Disappointment

Today deals with disappointment. Beck suggests just saying "Oh well" when faced with something you don't like. The idea is that saying that simple phrase helps you to move on and accept it. It may not mean that you like it, but you're going to move on and stop wasting energy dwelling over it.

Yes, dieting can be difficult and some people have it easier than others, but oh well, this is what I have to do to reach my goals so I'm going to accept it and continue.

I'm going to try to write out the checklists she puts at the end of each day to ensure I'm actually completing all of the tasks for the day.

Today was not great, but now knowing I'll be putting these up, you can bet I'll be trying harder:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: sometimes

I did spontaneous exercise: Yes

I did planned exercise. I skipped my weights workout today since I had to work late

I monitored everything I ate in writing.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.

I said, "Oh, well" (I don't like this, but I'm going to accept it and move on), when I wanted something I couldn't have.

I weighed myself, recorded the results on my weight-loss graph, and reported my change in weight to my diet coach (PeerTrainer).

No comments:

Post a Comment