Monday, July 12, 2010

Beck - Day 21: Get Ready To Weigh In

Back to Beck with seriousness. I feel renewed and ready to get down to business.

Where we last left off, I was at Day 20. Day 21 talks about stepping on the scale and finding out how I did "last week." Seeing how I took a break and went on vacation, this isn't exactly representative of my Beck skills.

However, the point is to realize how important weighing in is, as a motivator and honest assessment of what is working and what isn't. Beck also makes a point of not wasting time getting upset if the scale does not show a number you like and emphasizing that you wouldn't view a friend less worthy or as a failure if she gained weight. She also has you construct a graph (with a 5 lb goal in mind) to track progress.

So I weighed myself (120.6 lbs), but I realize this week's weigh-in is not too accurate. I'll expect next week's to be more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment