Monday, July 12, 2010

Refreshed and renewed

I had a fabulous time in Hawaii.  I didn't overeat, but I didn't stay entirely true to ETL.  I expected this, so I'm okay with it.  I did manage to eat some very delicious vegan meals though:

fresh coconut!

I drank the coconut water inside and then a child who couldn't have been older than 12 whipped out a machete and went to town on it, scraping out the meat to eat.

vegan tofu wrap (tofu, brown rice, vegetables) - this was probably my fave lunch on the island

I also managed to cook a few times in our condo so I had plenty of veggies and beans.

The last day, I made an orange-pineapple-banana smoothie from fresh fruits I picked up.  The blender was no Vitamix but it did the job. 

Kauai is awesome for hiking and this we did do!  We managed to fit in part of the Kalalau Trail (to Hanakapiai Falls), 8 miles RT, the "Sleeping Giant" hike (4 miles RT), and the Nualolo-Awaawapuhi loop (11 miles).

I checked this morning and I gained... but only 1/2 pound!

It'll be gone before the week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment