Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beck - Day 16: Prevent Unplanned Eating

Today I'm to write a NO CHOICE response card (done!) and firmly make it a rule to NOT deviate from my food plan (written out last night). We make rules in all areas of our lives (e.g. "I will brush my teeth every day") and the idea is to make sticking to the food plan a "rule." This is supposed to take the internal struggle away from contemplating eating something off the food plan. How many times do you struggle with yourself over whether or not to eat something??

I find myself doing this often, and the struggle was in full force today. The period between 3 pm and 7 pm was especially difficult. I had to read the "NO CHOICE" card at least 3 times! But it did make it easier. I went shopping at the market after work and where usually I would fight with myself over whether or not to buy a little "snack" for the road or something I shouldn't be letting into the house, I just told myself "NO CHOICE" and moved on.

NO CHOICE.
"Stick to the plan. No matter how you feel. No matter what. No excuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment