Friday, June 18, 2010

Beck - Day 18: Change Your Definition of Full

Building on the skills from the last few days, today's task is to monitor your fullness and stop before overeating and feeling overly full. This is good timing for me since this is something I struggle with. It's interesting that infants intrinsically know when to stop eating and will refuse food when they're full. When did I lose the ability to do that? At some point, eating to the point of feeling stuffed was "normal." It was comforting and felt right.

The great thing about ETL is that I'm finding this is an easier skill to master. I'm not sure why, but it seems easier for me to recognize when I am satisfied on ETL food. Perhaps because the food doesn't contain the addictive qualities of sugar, fat and salt? I admit that I still go into a small panic though. It is odd to be getting full on what seems like not very much food at all. I haven't tallied the calories, but I can't imagine there are much in a large salad of raw vegetables and dressing (ETL-friendly).

Another good day down!

No comments:

Post a Comment