Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 12

I needed a bit of a mental break over the weekend... plus it didn't help that I went to see friends in Santa Monica Saturday night and we went out for sushi. It's not the worse choice (nothing fried and no red meat!) but I'm sure Dr. Fuhrman would not approve. Sunday I got some much needed sleep and slept in. I really struggled mentally to get the workout in. It's much harder when it's (1) solo and (2) not done first thing in the morning. I kept thinking about all the chores I needed to do and that by the time I finished it would be 3 pm (it was a 2.5 hr workout). But I DID it... and I'm so glad I did! It set the tone for the day... instead of feeling guilty and feeding that by eating (my guess as to what I would have done if I didn't get it in), I managed to prep salad fixings for the week and get in some cleaning. I wasn't able to check off all the chores, but it was still a good day.

Fueling off the streak, I'm having a pretty good day today so far. I bought an entire watermelon and put some in my smoothie this morning. It was okay, but not particularly sweet and I think I might like other fruit mixtures better.


9:00 am - green smoothie: watermelon and strawberries (12 oz total), spinach and collards (6 oz total), 1 T flax seed

12:30 pm - salad: 1 romaine heart, 1 roma tomato, 1 small avocado, 1/3 large cucumber, handfuls of baby carrots
- about 1 oz whole wheat crackers
- watermelon, about 2 cups

7:00 pm - blanched Chinese broccoli (4 cups) with a bit of oyster sauce, 1/2 bag edamame, 3 cups watermelon

E - swim: 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment