Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 15: Hungry all the time!

Four consecutive days down... but I am hungry more frequently than I would like. I haven't been able to not have a snack between lunch and dinner. I should hold off on lunch until later in the day so that the time between lunch and dinner isn't as long, but the feeling of hunger usually wins out. Today I didn't eat breakfast until 9:30 so I thought I could wait until at least 1 pm to have lunch. Nope. By 11:30, my stomach was growling. I caved an hour later. Then I tried to hold out again in the afternoon, but I also knew that I wasn't going to have dinner until later, so I went for some seeds.

Speaking of seeds, I need to go and buy my own unsalted, unroasted seeds and keep them at work instead of buying the pre-packaged 2 oz ones. They are roasted and unsalted and I usually eat the entire bag, which is 1 oz more than I need to be eating. A part of me is nervous about bringing in my own seeds because I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself and will eat them all. With the pre-packaged ones at work, I have to pay for them so I'm not likely to eat thousands of calories worth of seeds!

I am wondering if I need to eat more at breakfast or lunch, but I am eating until I'm satisfied...?

My smoothie this morning was bitter! I think I accidentally blended an orange seed into it. I was so hungry that it didn't matter and I finished it all anyway though. I still haven't experienced the "throat hunger" Dr. Fuhrman talks about.


8:00 am - (between workouts) 1 GU

9:30 am - green smoothie: 2 oranges, 7 oz watermelon, 7 oz bok choy

12:30 pm - salad: 1 romaine heart, 1 roma tomato, 1 small avocado, cucumber, baby carrots
- bowl of split pea and carrot soup

5:00 pm - 2 oz RS sunflower seeds, 2 mini pieces of chocolate

7:00 pm - swiss chard, tomatoes, artichokes mixture (1.5 cups)
- green beans, about 1-2 cups
- fresh fava beans, mmmmmm
- a lot of watermelon
- blueberries

E - bike: 0:55, swim 0:30

No comments:

Post a Comment