Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 17

I haven't been bingeing, but I have been overeating... and not logging as I should be. I had to work late the last couple of days and had so much stuff to do once I got home that I didn't log onto the computer. So I'm also sleep-deprived! Not good. I am going to start setting an alarm 1 hour before I should be going to bed to make sure I stop whatever "project" I'm doing and start getting ready for tomorrow.

I was feeling very bleh and cranky this morning. Nothing particularly bad has happened, but I think I am just frustrated and sleep-deprived. I'm frustrated with myself that I can't seem to stick with this consistently and that I've let myself get to this point. I remember this every time I pull up my pants -- which is whenever I go to the bathroom... which is quite often because I drink a lot of water! I am also reminded of this on days that I work out with the group. It's a small group of triathletes and everyone seems very fit and lean. I'm fit, but maybe not so lean. The faster people also tend to be the leanest and I can't help but wonder.. if I was leaner, would I be faster?

But it's best not to dwell on negative issues so here's the positive for today: despite all of the frustrated thoughts going through my mind, I drank my green smoothie for breakfast (it was a true struggle -- I seriously considered pulling over and getting some kind of bagel on the way to work), I stuck with my salad for lunch, and I had some vegetables for dinner. Not perfect, but could be worse. And now, I'm going to bed!


9:00 am - green smoothie: 6 oz peaches and nectarines, 1 T flax seed, 6 oz kale

12:30 pm - salad: napa cabbage, lime, carrots, 1/2 red pepper, cucumber, small avocado, 2 oz sunflower seeds

3:00 pm - box (6 oz?) raspberries

6:00 pm - 1 cup blanched Chinese broccoli, boiled potatoes, a little peanut butter, 1 fun-size mounds bar

E - run: 0:50

No comments:

Post a Comment