Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 20

I was sore yesterday, but not too much today. Once I got on the bike though, I knew I was still tired from the race. I kept the quality high and did the best I could.

I had a snack of sunflower seeds today, knowing that I was going to the grocery store after work and not wanting to be there famished. I know that I won't keel over and die from hunger (I've got plenty of fat stores!) but I fear going to the store too hungry will be tempting and I'll make impulse purchases.

I found some notes on when I was doing well with ETL back in December. It was 2 weeks worth of notes and food logs. I could see that none of the days were perfect, but that I maintained a positive attitude throughout. I mentioned the good things I had done for the day, and how I was feeling good about eating this way.

I was in a happier mental state in December, but this shows that I CAN do it and serves as a gentle reminder to focus on the positive.


9:00 am - green smoothie: mixed fruit (leftover fruit salad from weekend party), 1 T flax seed, 7 oz kale

1:00 pm - salad: 1 roma tomato, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cucumber, 1 small avocado, romaine lettuce

4:00 pm - 2 oz sunflower seeds

7:00 pm - 4 cups boiled cabbage and collards, handful of almonds, 2 dates

E - bike: 0:45, run: 0:20

No comments:

Post a Comment