Thursday, June 11, 2009

The upcoming weekend

The weekend is coming up and there are going to be some challenges... friends are coming into town tomorrow night and we're supposed to have breakfast and dinner together on Saturday. They already told me they want to check out this Mexican place for the breakfast burritos and split them all between us so we can "try them all." I don't know what the plan is for dinner but it will be out and the choice will most likely be decadent. On Sunday, my family is celebrating Father's Day early because my dad will be visiting his dad next weekend. My sister and BIL are serving smoked ribs, that they prepared for another BBQ last month and are very proud of (they just bought the smoker). They have asked everyone to bring sides so I plan on bringing a salad, roasted vegetables, and a low-fat fruit crisp... mostly so I can be sure there will be something I can eat! I really do not want to eat ribs and would like to stick to a somewhat reasonably close to ETL-plan but I'm not sure how without everyone giving me grief and bothering me about it. They already think I'm weird with the huge amount of vegetable consumption I eat.

I know I should just stick to my guns if I'm really committed, but it's much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment