Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 13

I had an awesome workout this morning. No hints of injury coming on like I felt last week. Hurray! Maybe it was a simple matter of changing my running shoes out? I wrote the date on them with a Sharpie so I can remember to change them after 300 miles next time. Last week I felt my hip hurt, as it has been in the last month, and a new pain I hadn't felt before in my right foot. It reminded me of stress fracture pain, which I've had before. In worried moments like those, I remind myself that if I lost some weight, it would be less stress on my knees, hips, and feet. Another incentive to stay committed... and who knows, maybe I'd gain some speed!

Except for the tortilla chips, and the watermelon snack, it was a great eating day.


9:00 am - green smoothie: watermelon and strawberries (12 oz total), spinach and collards (6 oz total), 1 T flax seed

1:00 pm - salad: 1 romaine heart, 1 roma tomato, 1 small avocado, 1/3 large cucumber, handfuls of baby carrots
- 1 oz tortilla chips

3:00 pm - watermelon, a lot, 4 cups?

6:00 pm - steamed a mixture of Swiss chard, canned tomatoes, canned artichokes, garlic and lemon juice
- 1 bowl split pea and carrot soup
- 1 bowl blueberries

E - bike: 0:40, run: 0:30

No comments:

Post a Comment