Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Return from Tahoe

I'm back now... a few days later to posting than I originally wanted. I actually returned Saturday evening, but the events of the last few days have made things rather crazy around here. First - the actual trip...

I'm proud to say I think I did fairly well for being away! I mostly ignored my family's comments about my "weird eating" and stuck to eating frozen vegetables, beans, and fruit in the little hotel room we had. Luckily, it was equipped with a microwave and small fridge. No, I wasn't ETL-perfect. On the days I snowboarded, the day generally consisted of a breakfast of 1/2 bag of frozen vegetables and peas, a lunch of a peanut butter + banana sandwich on whole wheat, and a dinner of 1/2 bag of frozen spinach with more mixed frozen vegetables, and 1/3 cup of lentil soup poured on top. The lentil soup definitely had way too much sodium but it was all I could find in the local grocery store. I had to dilute it with water. The rest of my companions had fast food every night we stayed in. We spent the last night at a fancy restaurant, where I strayed somewhat, eating bread and fish. I did also make sure to order vegetable sides -- delicious but probably had too much salt and oil.

I was getting lots of rest too, feeling very good overall (besides the bruises from falling!) and my pants even seemed looser.

Then we came home.
And it was back to the stressball life.

I spent most of Sunday doing homework for a class I'm taking. While in Tahoe, the Boy found out his condo was leaking into his neighbor's. We later learned that the damage to his condo is quite extensive and trying to be the gracious girlfriend, I of course offered to have him stay with me while his home is being repaired. This should be an interesting test... now he will see just how crazy I really am with my early morning workouts and truly "weird" eating habits. But I figure if things develop into something more serious, this is a good way to see if we can handle each other.

And finally for the biggest stressor... on Sunday my sister sends me a strange text message asking questions about a guy I dated last year.

Her: "Does he own a road bike?"
Me: "Yes - why?"
Her: "Because this guy at my superbowl party looks a lot like him..."
(Minutes later)
Her: "Oh it IS him! Maybe I will chat him up!"

Hours later, she calls me on the way back from the party and gives me the scoop. Her friend just bought a place and decided to hold a superbowl/housewarming party and coincidentally his new roommate is ... the former boyfriend. But not just any former BF either. This one broke my heart and trampled on it. Strangely, while my sis and I are talking, the jerkhole in question sends me a text message.

He says he ran into my sister and how random it was and hopes I'm doing well. Typical. So as not to be rude, I send him a message back, "small world!" to which he replies "Maybe we could catch up if you want?"

Hmmmmm.

It bothers me that this whole episode bothered me at all. I thought I was over him and had moved on. Heck, I'm dating a great guy right now! Yet I couldn't put it out of my mind.

And so what happened? I ended up bingeing. I am kicking myself now as I write that. I wanted to numb my emotions with food, which of course, never works.

Now I am somewhat calmer, but worried that my episode has put weight back on. Well, only time will tell... Scale Day is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment