Friday, April 2, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Salad with Lemon Dressing


This recipe was printed in the paper recently and when I read it, I realized I had all the ingredients. How often does that happen? I made the salad this past weekend.  I ate it during the week, on top of a big pile of lettuce. Here it is with my changes:

Garbanzo Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
Modified from a Sunkist recipe
4 servings

SALAD
3 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeƱo, seeded and minced
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red bell pepper, chopped,
1 (28-ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
Chopped fenne

DRESSING
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon cumin
1/4 cup red wine or cider vinegar
Pepper to taste

In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with salad.

It was good, but I felt like it was missing something (probably salt!) - maybe more lemon or vinegar next time?

Also, it says it makes 4 servings but with that many beans and since I added extras, it was more like 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment