Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pseudo-Panics


The Gaggia broke down today at work and people were freaking out. It was an all-out panic I tell you. "What am I going to drink?!" "Where's my coffee?!!" For humor, someone removed the machine and replaced it with bottles of Tylenol and Advil. It was funny (to me, at least) but also interesting to see how addicted everyone is.


I slipped a bit yesterday and had a few cookies (whoops) but am back on track today. It was pouring rain this morning so the group run was canceled and I was left to do the written workout Coach had given me. It sounded pretty innocent (simulated "hills" on the treadmill) but after the first set, I was wondering if I'd make it through the whole thing. Also, my iPod's battery died during the warmup which meant I'd be stuck staring at my goofy face in the mirror during the hard part. Usually the only thing that keeps me going on the treadmill is music. What now?! Now who is panicking?

But stuff like this is good for me. It's not like I listen to music during a race. And I got through it just fine.

  1. green smoothie: 1 orange, 5 strawberries, 8 oz mixed cauliflower stems and bok choy, 1 T flax

  2. salad: 1/3 lg romaine head, slice red pepper, 1/2 cup garbanzos, 13 baby carrots, orange-peanut EFH dressing
    + 2 lemon treats

  3. salad: cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage with sweet pea dressing + Great Greens

  4. run: 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment