Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lemon Treats

I made a bunch of these today and they are excellent. Slightly sweet and crunchy, with a nice lemon flavor. I'm thinking these will be great as hiking or maybe even cycling snacks.

Lemon Treats
(from Whole Foods Market)

1 cup chopped pitted dates
1 cup raw walnuts [I used raw almonds]
1 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes

Place dates, walnuts, sesame seeds, lemon juice and zest in a food processor. Pulse and blend until completely mixed. The mixture will be slightly sticky. With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll in coconut and chill until ready to serve.

The recipe says it makes about 18, but I must have rolled mine smaller because I got about 25 20g balls with one extra 15g ball that I sampled.  I used an organic meyer lemon that I had which really had an intense lemon flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment