Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2


I started out well today, but didn't do so great in the evening.  This morning I was invited, and then pressured, to go to breakfast with my friends after swimming, but they were going to Coco's and I wanted to skip the questions and comments about what I was eating (most likely oatmeal would have been the only choice) while everyone else had eggs and pancakes. 

It's hard sometimes because most of my friends are athletic and consider themselves healthy, but their healthy breakfasts are still not what I would eat.  For example, in my "healthy", pre-ETL days, I would order an egg white veggie omelet but that obviously has animal protein in it, the vegetables are mere afterthoughts, and it was most likely cooked with oil and salt.  I am not at the stage where I feel comfortable bringing my own food or making special requests (maybe one day though!).

For breakfast I had a green smoothie. I didn't enjoy it as much today - not sure why. For lunch I had a huge salad of hardly anything (lots of romaine, baby carrots, 1/2 small avocado, and a lot of a pea dressing (contains seeds)).

Then for dinner, I had another salad, a lentil-based soup, and then proceeded to snack. I had some baked corn chips and a few whole wheat fig bars. They are now out of the house!

I'm determined to have a good weekend - Easter and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment