Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stay the course

I'm doing "okay" but things could be better. While I haven't binged (hurray!) and am "mostly" sticking to the plan, I've been allowing myself little "cheats" here and there. A few jelly beans, a couple of chocolate-covered raisins, some multi-grain chips -- you get the picture.

I did go the the track workout this morning, which is the first one I've been to this month. It was painful. Then again, when is track NOT painful? As D passed me on the run, I mumbled to her, "D, I hate Coach." She laughed and replied, "KJ, I've hated him for YEARS!"

There is nothing like a painful workout to make you swear you won't ever eat any junk food again. I kept thinking there was no way I was going to ruin all this hard work (and pain and suffering) with crap food! Unfortunately, several hours later during the after lunch coma, I had a few of the above-mentioned chocolate-covered raisins.

I think I need to start logging food again for accountability. Boring and tedious -- but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment