Friday, April 23, 2010

A Long Day

I tried to do something nice for a friend by organizing a birthday breakfast this morning for her. The usual gang was invited but NO ONE SHOWED UP! I am somewhat irritated, especially at the two people who told me they'd be there but then bailed at the last minute. Oh well. I had a lovely breakfast with just the birthday girl and myself. She had brought leftover chocolate mousse cake (her actual birthday was earlier this week) from a high-end bakery to share. Fortunately, I was able to get her to pack me a piece to go (which I won't eat) but I wasn't quite able to escape her making me taste a bite of it before she cleaned the knife. It's not a big deal, but I'd rather abstain since things like this only keep the sugar addiction alive.

I wasn't planning on doing a swim workout today but decided to go the pool anyway in hopes of persuading more swimming buddies to come to breakfast. Obviously, I was unsuccessful. Because I've been on a streak this week with getting in all of my planned workouts, I didn't want to break it by swapping a swim and skipping the planned bike workout. So I got up extra early (4:30 am!) to get in both the bike workout and the later half of the swim workout. I am tired. And the only reason I am still awake now is because I'm supposed to pick up friends from the airport tonight. Their plane arrives at midnight.

It was a fairly good day of eating. I was truly hungry around 5 pm and knew I had to go home and do a second bike workout so I ended up rifling through my gym bag to find a snack size clif bar. Not ideal but it did the job.

  1. Starbucks oatmeal with nuts + 1 bite chocolate mousse cake

  2. salad: romaine and Russian kale, 8 baby carrots, 1 cup garbanzos, 1/2 cucumber, orange-peanut EFH dressing + 20 grapes

  3. snack size clif bar

  4. salad of raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, 1/2 beet) with sweet pea dressing + rest of the Great Greens

  5. bike: 1:10, swim: 0:30, bike: 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment