Wednesday, January 27, 2010

6 Weeks


I started thinking about today's date and I realized that time is ticking away and I really need to get my nutrition down pat. I do NOT want a repeat of last year where every long race I did, I had nutrition problems. I need to nail down my optimal eating plan well ahead of time and figure out my race day nutrition.

I have never been able to successfully finish a 6-week period of ETL. I end up not doing it "perfectly" and then give up. I've been thinking about trying again but am (1) afraid of failure and (2) there is always some excuse why NOT to do something. I'm going away next week, it is X's birthday celebration this weekend, the holidays, etc. I'm tired of excuses. I am not perfect and won't ever be. Now is as good a time to start as any. On a WEDNESDAY no less! Not Monday, not the 1st of the month - right now.

As Emily has said, "100% perfection is totally different from 100% committment."

So I'm committing to 42 days. Will it be perfect? I don't know but I will stay 100% committed. I will log everything honestly for 42 days. I'm not always able to get to a computer (I'll be gone for a few days traveling next week, for example) but it IS possible to travel and eat ETL.

It's just 42 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment