Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A rough few days

I've had a rough few days. I binged on a few of them and am now beating myself up over it. I don't really want to get into it because I also know that staying positive is one of the keys to beating this. Focus on what you want! I need to constantly remind myself of the reasons WHY I am changing my eating habits. Nothing is worth the momentary pleasure I get from eating junk food. It can't be better than the awful guilt and feeling of failure I feel afterward.

Today I'm mostly back to normal. I had some snacks in between meals which isn't ideal, but this is still a step in the right direction. I also battled tons of cravings today.

I bought mustard greens this week because they were cheap and looked better than the other greens but WOW - they are pungent! I've bought them from the supermarket frozen before and never had problems eating them but I couldn't stomach these raw, or even lightly steamed. They're just so bitter! I'm not sure what I can do with the rest of them to make them more palatable....?

B - green smoothie: 7 oz bok choy, 1 large orange, 1 kiwi, strawberries, 1 T flax

S - mojo bar before exercising

L - salad: romaine/cabbage, baby carrots, 1/2 red pepper, 1 tomato, 1/2 medium avocado, 1/4 large cucumber, 3/4 cup black beans, nut-based ETL-dressing

S - 1 oz sunflower seeds

D - mustard greens and tomato sauce, 5 date rolls

E - swim: 1:15, weights: 0:45

No comments:

Post a Comment