Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4

The admin brought in a huge platter of different types of cookies today that were leftover from her New Year's party: chocolate chip cookies, pecan butter cookies, chocolate-covered cookies, yogurt pretzels... it initially looked tempting but then I reminded myself that some factory mass-produced these non-food items. I watched a coworker lament on why they had to be brought in today of all days, stating that a lot of people are starting their healthy eating plans today, the first Monday of the year. We all have choices to make -- some harder than others. Every time I make a good choice, I strengthen those good habits. This was the constant mental tape playing in my head all afternoon.


B - green smoothie: 7-8 oz collards, 1 T flax, 1 kiwi, 1 orange, handful strawberries
- 8 oz coffee

L - salad: romaine, 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 3/4 cup black beans, baby carrots, 1/2 green pepper, Italian dressing
- large orange (mealy!)

D - spinach salad: 6 oz spinach, 3.25 oz strawberries, balsamic vinegar, 2 T pumpkin seeds
- cauliflower-pea-collards curry (a lot!)

E - swim: 0:45

No comments:

Post a Comment