Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13

I was hungry a lot of the day again. I'm looking forward to the point where I am not counting down the hours until the next meal. I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work.. On one hand, Dr. Fuhrman says we shouldn't eat until stuffed - just until satisfied. But if I don't eat enough, I don't feel like I can make it to the next meal without feeling "starved" for the next meal. We're not supposed to eat by the clock either, just eat when hungry. But I eat breakfast at 8:30 or 9 am and feel hungry by 11 am a lot of days. I usually try to wait until 12:30 or 1 pm, but then the period between 1 pm and 6 pm is torture. By 4 pm it can get ugly. I'm sure part of it is boredom but today I sincerely felt hungry!

Today was one of those uglier days. I gave in and had some snacks. Strangely enough, I swam after work this evening, and started feeling light-headed and a little woozy... almost as if I hadn't eaten in a while. Toxic hunger maybe? It didn't make sense since I should have had more than enough calories from the snacks!

On a good note, I'm happy I didn't let my "slip-up" spiral out of control. Far too many times, I've thrown in the towel and let one imperfection "ruin" a day and then proceed to continue eating whatever I wanted all day long.

Had a huge amount of food for dinner. Was looking for some kind of dessert in the house (chocolate!!) but luckily, there was none to be found. I ate a lot of frozen berries, but I figure it is better than chocolate.

B - green smoothie: 7-8 oz bok choy, 1.5 oranges, 1 kiwi, 1 T flax seed, a little (less than 8 oz) coffee

L - salad: cabbage/romaine, 3/4 cup black beans, 1/3 cucumber, 1 tomato, baby carrots, 1/2 orange pepper, nut-based ETL dressing

S - 2 oz RS sunflower seeds, 2 fig newtons

D - 16 oz cooked mustard greens and "cheeze" sauce; 3 raw zucchini and tomato sauce; a lot of frozen berries/cherries

E - weights: 1:00, swim: 0:45

No comments:

Post a Comment