Sunday, September 11, 2011

6WC: Day 11

Had a great day today! First, I got up early and exercised. That always puts me in the right frame of mine for the day. Sometimes I feel like it's the only time I have to myself and is great for clearing my head and organizing my thoughts for the upcoming day/week. I only ran for about an hour but it was enough to get the endorphins running.

I had two white peaches and a plum for breakfast, before meeting up with my sister-in-law to go to the farmer's market. We had a great time sampling lots of fresh fruit and talking to the growers. I ended up signing up for a trial at a CSA. I really like the ideas of CSAs, but I didn't think I could do one by myself since I wasn't sure if it would be cost-effective for me and if I would finish all of the food by myself. After I saw the box though, I was sold.

Here is the box they made for me today:


Of course, after I got home and researched all the CSAs in the area, I discovered I chose one of the higher priced ones. I figure if I do like it and use up the produce, I may do trial periods at a couple others I found online (one that was notorious for being mostly greens) to see which one I like the best.

When I got home, I had lunch, which was a huge salad of bargain greens (a whole bag for 99 cents!), a nut-based dressing, a tomato from my sister's yard, and about 5 figs from the CSA box.

Dinner was a huge amount of roasted vegetables (broccoli, onions, carrots) with some tomato sauce and a piece of garlic bread (whole-grain).

No comments:

Post a Comment