Thursday, September 1, 2011

6WC: Day 1

Day 1 of the 6-week challenge was relatively easy since my motivation is still high. I had a slight breakdown this morning though. I had forgotten my green smoothie I had planned on drinking for breakfast at home so I needed to get something to eat for breakfast. I was starving after my morning workout and went to a nearby Trader Joe's. Although I was highly tempted to buy junk food (everything looks good when you're hungry!), I stayed the course and bought only what I came for.

Breakfast ended up being a bag of frozen vegetables and a can of garbanzo beans from Trader Joe's. Lunch was some leftover stir-fry (made in an ETL way) over raw romaine and carrots with some sunflower seeds and a fruit for dessert. For dinner, I had a date with the fiance, but we went to a vegan friendly Mexican restaurant where I was able to get steamed vegetables and a whole wheat tortilla with salsa.

The holiday weekend is coming which I am slightly apprehensive about but I know I can do it because I'm committed.

2 comments:

  1. Very dangerous to be hungry after a workout and go to a store! This has done me in more than once so I really try to avoid it. I am also re-starting ETL this week - it always seems easy in the beginning, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely! This time, I've written a list of all the current reasons I want and need to be doing this and am reading it often to remind myself. Good luck on your restart as well!

    ReplyDelete