Monday, September 26, 2011

6WC: Day 26 - Haven't disappeared, just got busy

Oops, I let too long of a lapse go again. Thankfully, I haven't fallen off the wagon or given up, I just got busy with some other projects (can we say "wedding"??) that I haven't been able to post. Or rather, I keep getting on the computer late at night working on other things and finally think about posting, but then decide to go to sleep instead. This is good for my health but not good for my audience of one person. Hah.

I've been doing well so far with the CSA boxes. They've forced me to be a bit more creative in my recipes and to try things I don't normally eat. I made some raw tomato sauces from all of the tomatoes I've gotten and I'm trying to figure out something else I can make with all of the tomatoes I got this week. I also have a few long green eggplants that I'm not sure what to do with yet.

Today was a fairly normal day with my food. I had a fruit salad containing melon, strawberries, passion fruit, grapefruit, and sunflower seeds over finely chopped lettuce and broccoli. For lunch, I had a bigger raw salad made with lettuce, collards, broccoli, carrots, kidney beans, tomatoes, and casinera's caesar dressing (a favorite standby) with more fruit for dessert. Dinner was this veggie medley that I made with tomatoes, eggplants, and onions I had from my CSA. I had a cup of a spinach soup as well. For dessert, it was strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, and some almonds.

Calories: 1439, Carb: 276.2g (69.9%), Pro: 60.8g (15.4%), Fat: 25.9g (14.7%), Fiber: 74.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment