Saturday, September 10, 2011

My new running partner?

This is Maddie.  She's my sister's dog and FULL of energy.  Her husband BIKES with her while she runs along.  Sometimes they do this for an hour! She has that much energy.

Although I've been running for a long time, when I look back at some of the things I've done, I think they haven't been the wisest decisions. I used to run in secluded trails very early in the morning by myself. Probably not so smart.

Since I recently moved into the same neighborhood as my sister and she recently had a baby, she doesn't have as much time for Maddie. This might be a good opportunity for Maddie to get some exercise and for me to gain an exercise partner for my early morning runs. Though she can look ferocious and mean, she's really a sweet dog. I ran with her this afternoon and we had a good time. She was going at a pretty good pace and was fairly well-behaved, save for the few attempts to chase after the bunnies she saw.

I wonder if she'll do intervals too??

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I bet it was wonderful to have a pal along for your run! I am usually pretty careful about not running in certain areas alone, but it does limit me sometimes...
    By the way, I just posted the recipe for those burgers in the picture on my blog! If you leave out the tsp of oil they are completely ETL friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know Amy.. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete